Monday, February 18, 2013

"Bent it like PrabhuDeva."

Choreographer-turned-director Prabhudheva, whose recent film "ABCD - AnyBody Can Dance" is going strong at the box office, says passion for his work has made him achieve what he has today.

"I have seen all the ups and downs in my life, but I have tackled it. I can't put it in words, the experience that I have. I don't generally talk much, but I would say whatever I have achieved (today) is because my passion," the 39-year-old told IANS.

"For me, now it is not just the matter of survival, but it is the passion that keeps me going," he added.

Prabhudheva earned a name for himself in the 1990s for moving his body effortlessly to the groovy beats in songs "Urvashi Urvashi", "Muqabla muqabla", "Kay sera sera". 

He has mastered the Western dance forms like jazz and hip hop. He recently impressed the audience with his dancing skill in the song "Go, go Govinda" from the film "Oh My God!"

He says "dance is everything" for him.

"Dance is everything to me. I direct and when I am free I also choreograph. The new choreographers are super talented, so I get new ideas from them also," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment